Work Hard, Play Harder has always been my motto. While I would love to have my playground also be my office, for now I live behind a computer screen in a row of cubicles for 40 hours a week, doing something I love, while earning my adventure time. A girl can dream 🙂
My outgoing, adventurous personality has led me to meet new friends who encourage me to try lots of new things that I otherwise wouldn’t have thought to do. My obsession with Pinterest also doesn’t help calm my constant wanderlust and desire to push the envelope. More times than I can count, I’ve watched a TGR film, read a blog post or had a conversation with one of my traveling friends and thought to myself, “I should add that to my bucket list!”
So, without further ado, here is a list of things I want to accomplish. Many of them I’m working on and can get checked off soon; many are still in the dreamy “idea” stage. I’m a firm believer in trying anything once (unless it’s fish and I’m allergic to it), so here it goes!
- Climb all of Colorado’s 54 14er’s – I’ve completed 15 so far! (as of 8/8/15)
Travel abroad and experience another culture– Went to Australia in 2009! Coach my own soccer team– I’m currently the head coach of a U11 girls team! Play soccer semi-professionally– Played for Colorado Fire for 1 season after college
- Snowboard in the Alps
- Snowboard in Canada
- Go to an Olympics as a spectator
- Go to the World Cup
Learn a new sport– I picked up mountain biking this year and think I’m addicted!
- Go zip-lining in Costa Rica
- Go whale watching in Alaska
Get my writing published in a magazine– I’ve been published several times for work and got my poetry published in print when I was in college!
- Write a novel – Paint the Silence is a work in progress. Goal is to be done by the time I’m 30
Adopt and raise my own dog– Bella, my Bernese Mountain Dog, is my main squeeze
- Buy a house
- Travel to all 50 states in the US
- Land a 180 (or 360) on my snowboard – I’ve landed a few 180’s but need to get more air
- Become sponsored by an outdoors company
- Travel to Europe (including Paris, London, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, Italy and Greece)
- Learn photography and have my pieces featured in a gallery – I bought a DSLR in April!
- Shoot, Edit and Produce my own sports highlight video
When you live a life full of adventure, your goals are bound to change so this is not a firm or complete list. I’m sure I’ll add a few goals in the coming months!
I know you’ve got a bucket list too! What adventures made your list? Share them with me in the comments below!